Standard field type Joomla XML — Email displays a plain text box that checks the format of the entered email.
The field in the form looks like this:
The field code from the image looks like this:
Code language: YAML (yaml)
<field name="email" type="email" label="Поле Email" description="Описание поля" validate="email" />
This field supports attributes:
- name — the system name of the field, which must be unique.
- type — the type of the field, in this case «email».
- label — the display name of the field.
- description — the displayed field description. In Joomla 3, it is displayed as a tooltip when hovering over a field name.
- size — determines the size of the margin on the user’s screen.
- required — sets the attribute of a required field. Possible choices are true and false.
- class — applied CSS field classes.
- validate — sets the validation of the entered data to match the email.
For now, that’s all there is to it about the Joomla XML field type – Email. If we receive new information, it will be added to this article.
Do you need help generating an XML file? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.