Standard field type Joomla XML – Number displays a plain text box that accepts only numeric data.
The field in the form looks like this:
The field code from the image looks like this:
Code language: YAML (yaml)
<field name="mynumbervalue" type="number" default="0" label="Введите число" description="Описание поля" min="0" max="10" step="1"/>
This field supports attributes:
- name – the system name of the field.
- type – the type of the field, in this case «number».
- label – the display name of the field.
- description – the displayed field description. In Joomla 3, it is displayed as a tooltip when hovering over a field name.
- class – applied CSS field classes.
- default – sets the default value of the field.
- hint – adds a placeholder to the field.
- filter – sets the option for filtering data in the field.
- disabled – makes the field unavailable. The options can be true and false.
- readonly – sets the field to read-only mode, the field value cannot be changed. The options can be true and false.
- required – sets the attribute of a required field. Possible choices are true and false.
- autocomplete – disables auto-fill for the field. To disable you need to specify a value for example autocomplete=”off”. To make autocomplete available, simply remove this attribute.
- autofocus – sets autofocus to field after page load.
- size – the width of the field, which is specified by the number of characters.
- min – sets the minimum possible value.
- max – sets the maximum possible value.
- step – step of switching the value by pressing the arrows.
For now, that’s all there is to it about the Joomla XML field type – Text. If we receive new information, it will be added to this article.
Do you need help generating an XML file? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.