Standard field type Joomla XML – Textarea displays the usual multi-line text box, which is filled with text data. Joomla XML field type – Textarea works in Joomla versions 2.5 and above.
Example of a field in the CMS Joomla 3:
Example of a field in the CMS Joomla 4:
The XML code of the field from the example looks like this:
This field supports attributes:
- name – system field name (field identifier).
- type – field type, in this case “textarea”.
- label – field name displayed.
- description – field description.
- class – applicable CSS field classes.
- default – sets the default value of the field.
- hint – adds a tooltip to the placeholder field.
- rows — sets the number of lines in the text field. If not set, the value will be assigned from the user’s browser.
- cols — sets the width of the text box in characters. If not set, the value will be assigned from the user’s browser.
- filter — sets the option to filter the data in the field.
This is all we know about Joomla XML field type – Textarea. If we learn anything new, we’ll be sure to add more information to this article.
Do you need help with generating an XML file? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll help you.