Standard field type Joomla XML – URL displays a plain text field with data validation for the input of an address (URL).
It looks like this:
The field code from the image looks like this:
Code language: YAML (yaml)
<field name="mytextvalue" type="url" default="http://www.example.com" label="Введите адрес URL" description="Описание поля"/>
This field supports attributes:
- name – the system name of the field.
- type – the type of the field, in this case «url».
- label – the display name of the field.
- description – the displayed field description. In Joomla 3, it is displayed as a tooltip when hovering over a field name.
- maxlength – sets the maximum number of characters entered.
- size – the width of the field, which is specified by the number of characters.
- default – sets the default value of the field.
- class – applied CSS field classes.
- readonly – sets the field to read-only mode, the field value cannot be changed. The options can be true and false.
- disabled – makes the field unavailable. The options can be true and false.
- required – sets the attribute of a required field. Possible choices are true and false.
- filter – sets the option for filtering data in the field.
- validate – connects to a field for validation.
- relative – if true, free URLs can be entered.
- hint – adds a placeholder to the field.
For now, that’s all there is to it about the Joomla XML Field Type – URL. If we receive new information, it will be added to this article.
Do you need help generating an XML file? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.