Joomla XML field type – Tel works in Joomla versions: 2.5 and higher.
Standard field type Joomla XML – Tel displays a regular one-line text field in which a phone number is entered and checked.
An example of displaying the Tel field type in the Joomla 3 admin panel:
An example of displaying the Tel field type in the Joomla 4 admin panel:
The Tel field code from the image in the XML document looks like this:
This field supports attributes:
- name – system name of the field (field identifier).
- type – field type, in this case «tel».
- label – display name of the field.
- description – the displayed description of the field. In Joomla 3 it is displayed as a tooltip when hovering over a field name.
- class – applied CSS field classes. If not specified, the class name «text_area» is used.
- default – sets the default value of the field.
- required – sets the attribute of a required field. The form without filling in this field will not be able to be sent. Possible options are true and false.
- readonly – sets the field to read-only mode, the value of the field cannot be changed. Variants can be true and false.
- maxlength – sets the maximum number of characters entered.
- size – the width of the text box in characters. If the field width is not specified, then it takes the value from the user’s browser. This attribute does not limit the number of characters entered.
- disabled – makes the field unavailable for editing. The value in the field is not saved. Variants can be true and false.
- hint – adds a placeholder (hint) to the field.
- autocomplete – disables auto-filling for the field. To disable you need to specify a value for example autocomplete = “off”. To make autocomplete available, just remove this attribute.
- autofocus – sets autofocus to field after page load.
For now, that’s all there is to it about the Joomla XML field type – Tel. If we receive new information, it will be added to this article.
Do you need help generating an XML file? Email us at email@example.com and we will help you.