Joomla XML Field Type – URL works in Joomla versions: 2.5 and higher.
Standard field type Joomla XML – Spacer displays a visual separator between fields in a form, which has several display types. Can be a regular line separator or text as a separator. Consider each below.
Option 1: Line Separator:
This type of separator has the same appearance in both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 versions.
The line code of the Spacer field from the image in the XML document looks like this:
Option 2: Text Separator:
An example of displaying the Spacer field type in the Joomla 3 admin panel:
An example of displaying the Spacer field type in the Joomla 4 admin panel:
The Spacer field code as a text separator from the image in the XML document looks like this:
This field type supports attributes:
- name – system name of the field (field identifier).
- type – the type of the field, in this case «spacer».
- label – display name of the field.
- description – the displayed description of the field. In Joomla 3 it is displayed as a tooltip when hovering over a field name.
- hr – responsible for displaying a horizontal line. Values can be true or false. If the option is set to true, then the value from the label attribute will be ignored.
- class – applied CSS field classes.
For now, that’s all there is to it about the Joomla XML field type – Spacer. If we receive new information, it will be added to this article.
Do you need help with generating an XML file? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you.